DHL Parcel offers the recipients the possibility of changing delivery date or address free of charge.
This service is useful and convenient - it does not require any contact with the sender or the courier.
See how the parcel redirection service works at DHL Parcel
Redirect your parcel at DHL Parcel step by step:
- Internet shopping
When you finalise your online shopping, enter your mobile phone number or e-mail address, whereby we can send you notifications about the planned delivery day and address.
- Preparation for shipment
When preparing for shipping, the online shop transfers the contact details of the buyer/parcel recipient to us: his/her e-mail address or mobile phone number.
- Notifications about a parcel
When our courier picks up the shipment from a shop, we send you a notification message with the information on the anticipated delivery day and place, and the link and data (parcel number and the PIN code) enabling you to use the "Redirect a Parcel" service.
- Redirecting a parcel
Once logged on to the przekieruj.dhlparcel.pl/en website, the recipient can change the delivery address and date, enter an alternative delivery address or cancel receipt of the shipment. Such changes can be made numerous times until 23:59 on the day before the delivery day.
- Parcel delivery
The shipment is delivered according to the data given as part of the "Redirect a Parcel" service. If no change has been made, the shipment will normally be delivered to the address given by the sender.
Frequently asked questions about parcel redirection with DHL Parcel
Where can I redirect my parcel to?
- To any other address within the same DHL Parcel region
- To the DHL Parcel ServicePoint - we have a network of partner points throughout Poland
- To the DHL Locker - a parcel machine. They are available in Warsaw, Wroclaw, Cracow and Poznan.
- To your neighbour - with this service you can add an additional address, near the parcel delivery address. If our courier does not find anyone at the primary address, he/she will deliver the parcel to your neighbour's address.
- Back to the sender, if you do not want to collect the parcel.
When can I redirect my parcel?
The parcel can be redirected as early as on the shipment day until 23:59 and also after the first unsuccessful attempt to deliver.
When will the courier try to deliver the parcel to me if I do not change anything in the delivery?
Our courier will try to deliver the parcel on the next business day after it has been sent.
If the courier finds you are not available, he/she will leave you a note.
On the next day (excluding Sundays and holidays) after first unsuccessful attempt to deliver the parcel you will be able to collect the parcel at the DHL Parcel Customer ServicePoint. You will find the address of the service point in the note.
If you do not collect the parcel personally, on the next business day our courier will try to deliver your shipment once more. If the courier finds you are once again not available, he/she will leave you a note.
You will be able to collect the parcel at the DHL Parcel Customer ServicePoint within 7 calendar days after the second unsuccessful attempt to deliver the shipment. The address will also be stated in the note.
How many times will the DHL Parcel courier try to deliver the parcel to the indicated address?
We offer two delivery attempts free of charge. After two unsuccessful attempts you will be able to collect the parcel at the DHL Parcel Customer ServicePoint.
What happens if the parcel isn't delivered/collected?
If the parcel isn't delivered/collected:
a) After two unsuccessful delivery attempts and 7 calendar days of waiting for personal collection at the DHL Parcel Customer ServicePoint, the parcel will be returned to the sender.
b) If you redirect the parcel on the przekieruj.dhlparcel.pl service site, but the shipment still isn't delivered/collected within 10 calendar days after sending, on the 11th day we will return it to the sender.
What can I do on the "Redirect a parcel" site?
You have the following options on the "Redirect a Parcel" site:
- Change the parcel delivery date to another one than initially planned.
- Change the delivery address if you know our courier will not find you at the address given by the sender.
- Give or change to an alternative address (e.g. your neighbour's address) if you are not sure whether you will be there when the courier arrives. If the courier finds you are not there, he/she will try to deliver the parcel to the alternative address.
- Once the shipment is delivered you will get an e-mail/SMS notification with confirmation of delivery.
- Select the option of collecting the parcel at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint, without having to wait for the courier.
- Cancel receipt of the parcel if you decide you do not want the goods ordered.
You can change the delivery address or redirect the parcel to collect it at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint only within the area of the same delivery terminal as that for the primary address given by the sender. If you want to change the delivery details so that the parcel can be handled by another terminal, you can do it by contacting the sender.
Our website will tell you if you need to contact the sender.
What is the PIN code?
The PIN code is a string of six digits associated with each parcel, which enables the user to log on to the "Redirect a Parcel" site.
How many PIN codes will I get if am to collect numerous parcels from different senders?
You will get one PIN code for each parcel (each consignment note). If you wait for some parcels from different senders, you will get individual PIN codes for every shipment via a notification message.
I have lost my PIN code to the "Redirect a parcel" site. What should I do?
At the "Redirect a Parcel" service home site the option "I have not got a PIN code" is available. It makes it possible to resend the e-mail/SMS message with the PIN code. You have to enter the consignment note reference number and your phone number / e-mail address matching the data given by the sender.
Which parcels are covered by the "Redirect a parcel" site?
On the site you can change delivery details of the following parcels:
- Domestic parcels up to 31.5 kg in weight or with the sum of sides (length + width + height) up to 300 cm.
- International DHL Parcel Connect parcels transported via road and delivered in Poland.
What parcels are not handled on the site?
You cannot redirect a parcel in the following cases:
- When during the ordering procedure you have decided to collect the parcel at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint.
- When the parcel weight is more than 31.5 kg or the sum of its sides (length + width + height) is greater than 300 cm.
- When the sender has not given your contact details - telephone number or e-mail address.
What happens if after shipping it turns out the parcel is heavier than the sender declared?
DHL Parcel reserves the right not to follow the instruction, if after verification it turns out your parcel is heavier than:
- 31.5 kg and/or the sum of its sides (length + width + height) exceeds 3 metres.
- 25 kg and/or its dimensions are greater than 80 x 60 x 60 cm, and you have selected the option of collecting the parcel at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint.
In such cases we will contact you and arrange delivery details.
When will I get a notification about the possibility of changing delivery details on the "Redirect a parcel" site?
You will get a notification about a possibility of changing delivery details on the "Redirect a Parcel" site:
- After the sender has handed over the parcel to the DHL Parcel courier to transport.
- After an unsuccessful attempt to deliver the parcel to the address given in the consignment note (after the note has been left).
- When you do not have the cash to pay the amount due, e.g. COD. Note - giving your e-mail address or mobile phone number to the sender is a necessary condition for sending notifications.
When can I make changes on the "Redirect a parcel" site?
It's good to know that: the "Redirect a Parcel" site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The delivery date depends on the time you make a change on the site.
- You can already make a change on the shipment day. You can make a change at the latest on the day before the second unsuccessful attempt to deliver. Later on you can only collect the parcel from the DHL Customer ServicePoint personally or cancel receipt of the parcel.
- You have to make the change before midnight on the day before delivery so that we can execute your instruction, i.e. deliver the parcel on the next business day.
- You can submit several instructions up to midnight. However each consecutive instruction will cancel the previous one. We will deliver the parcel in accordance with your last decision submitted on the "Redirect a Parcel" site. If you submit an instruction after midnight we will not be able to execute it before the next business day (example: an instruction submitted at 00:01 on Monday will be executed on Tuesday at the earliest), but always in accordance with your decision.
- An instruction can be submitted up to midnight on the ninth calendar day from sending the parcel, with the execution date up to the next business day.
When will my instruction be executed?
We can execute your instruction on the next business day after it has been submitted at the earliest, or at a different time you have given, but not later than on the 10th day from the sending the parcel.
When can I make a change at the very latest to get the parcel on a Saturday?
For parcels sent by Thursday you can make a change by Friday midnight so that we can deliver on Saturday.
If the shipment sent on Friday is to be delivered on Saturday, the sender has to select this service when filling out the consignment note.
What does it mean that descriptions to some fields to fill are in bold?
Bold descriptions indicate required fields. Required fields mean that we will be able to deliver your parcel fast.
Which parcels can I collect at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint?
At the DHL Parcel ServicePoint you can collect every parcel that meets the following requirements:
- Its weight is up to 25 kg.
- Its dimensions are not greater than 80 x 60 x 60 cm.
- It is a single-piece parcel.
- It is insured up to PLN 6,500.
- The recipient's mobile phone number was given (it is necessary to get the notification and the PIN code required to collect the shipment).
- The sender covers the transport costs.
- The parcel was sent with no additional services like the following: pre-delivery information (PDI); return of certified documents (ROD) including a personal signature; proof of delivery (POD).
- The parcel was sent with no cash on delivery (COD) service.
How much time have I got to collect a parcel at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint?
The time the parcel will be waiting for collection at the DHL Parcel ServicePoint is calculated independently of the time the parcel will be waiting for collection at the DHL Parcel Customer ServicePoint, and this time is 7 calendar days starting from the day after the parcel was delivered to the point.
Where can I find the list of available DHL Parcel ServicePoints?
What does "a neighbour's address" or "an alternative address" mean? Which address can I give in this case?
It concerns an adjacent place in the immediate neighbourhood of your place of residence (the recipient's address). It can be your friend who lives in the same apartment block (on a different floor or in an adjacent staircase) or a person who lives in a neighbouring building/property, i.e. your neighbour.
Will a courier try to deliver the shipment to that address by-passing my place, if I give "a neighbour's address" or "an alternative address"?
No, our courier will always try to deliver the parcel to you first. If you are not available, then the courier will try to deliver the shipment to the "alternative address". If the courier delivers the parcel to that address, you will get an e-mail/SMS notification message with the name of the person who has collected it and the delivery time.
If the alternative address is not in your immediate neighbourhood, our courier will not try to deliver the shipment to that address. Then the parcel will be returned to the DHL Parcel warehouse. You will find the information on the next delivery attempt in a note left by our courier.
Which Internet browsers support the "Redirect a parcel" site?
Internet browsers that enable you to fully use the "Redirect a Parcel" site are as follows:
- Internet Explorer - version No. 9 and higher,
- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera - current version and 5 previous versions (also applies to mobile browsers).